Inspired by Jose Antonio Abreu’s philosophy, Macondo Chamber Players believes that music is a vehicle for social change and the needed rescue of children in extremely impoverished circumstances. Macondo’s educational programs seek nothing less than to change lives. All of our artists are committed to teach, collaborate and share their knowledge with young people:
- By providing exemplary one-on-one lessons that will help students overcome technical and musical difficulties.
- By establishing long-lasting relationships with the students so that their progress can be monitored and encouraged over time.
- By organizing concerts where advanced students will be featured along with our member artists.
- By providing workshops for local teachers to improve the level of education.
- By organizing non-musical activities such as panel discussions, social events and informal gatherings, where artists and students can interact at a personal level.
- For the students involved, who seldom experience life's gentler side, our educational programs provide the space to nurture talent and create beauty so they can dream and smile for a better future.
LA TRINIDAD SCHOOL
The artists of Macondo Chamber Players visited the Trinity School. This visit consisted of a small concert for the students who attend this school and a question and answer section in which the artists talked about their experiences as soloists and the origins of the group.
Other important topics discussed in this talk with the students from the Trinity School included practice efficiency, discipline, and dedication in the arts.
The members of MCP gave free Master Classes to the students of Notas de Paz, and the Trinity School, both very humble institutions located in impoverished neighborhoods of Cali.
PROGRAM TOCAR Y LUCHAR
MCP visited the program “ Tocar y Luchar” at their two divisions: Escuela Bella Vista, and Escuela La Esperanza.
The visit consisted in a concert for more than 600 kids that belong to this music program in Bogotá. After the concert, there was a session of questions and answers in which the artists talked about repertoire, discipline, practice efficiency and the origin of MCP.
SANTO TOMÁS PSIQUIATRIC CLINIC
Macondo Chamber Players offered a private concert to the patients of Santo Tomás Psiquiatric Clinic in Bogotá, Colombia. These concerts are part of an effort to bring music to people who otherwise would not be able to enjoy classical music.